Investment and Intelligence Initiative
The Smart City Alliance serves as a showcase for Alberta local innovators. We promote this to encourage new patnerships, local investments, and valuable intelligence for Alliance members on best Smart City practices within and beyond Alberta.
This important initiative has multiple tactics, including to:
- Foster ongoing relationships and potential alliances, and position the Alliance's members on the leading edge of urban innovation;
- Attend events to better understand the global Smart Cities market, best practices, and solution opportunities on behalf of Alliance members;
- Meet directly with other cities, companies, academic institutions, and thought leaders to gather intelligence on Smart City implementations;
- Connect with potential business investors to showcase Alberta a prime investment destination in Canada for the technology and innovation sectors;
- Connect with potential business investors to encourage trade expansion and general investment in the Alliance's municipal members; and
- Support inter-city relations, business-to-business relations, and advanced education exchanges or projects.
For more, see our current initiatives below.
2015 European Smart City Intelligence Mission
In 2015, Alliance representatives are visiting several Smart Cities in Europe, in addition to the 2015 Smart City Expo and Global Congress, to gather intelligence for members and showcase the Alliance on the leading edge of urban innovation
Alberta's Smart Investment Opportunities
Alberta is one of the most attractive places to invest in North America, boasting rapid population growth, positive business environment, and a record of leading GDP, employment, export and investment growth.